PDO threads have been used for years in the body. When they are placed in the skin, they cause a wound healing response which includes stimulation of collagen, reduction in wrinkles and a lifting effect. The use of PDO threads is very popular in Korea and Europe and they are now being used in the US.
There are different types and sizes of threads depending on the desired result.
Benefits of PDO thread include:
- Reduction of wrinkles
- Barbed threads can be used to lift the cheek, jawline and the neck
- The PDO threads are eventually broken down after about 6 months
- Natural appearing rejuvenation with out making you look overfilled.
You have a few options for our approach to your PDO thread treatment
- Smooth thread placement- These threads are placed with small needles in a mesh like pattern to stimulate collagen. The results will not be immediate because it takes the body 4-6 weeks to produce new collagen. The results continue to improve over months as your body makes new collagen. This approach typically requires more than 1 session.
- Barbed thread placement- These threads give an immediate lift and typically are used in the mid and lower face to lift the cheeks, mouth corners, marionette lines and the jawline. These results also continue to improve over time as the body produces more collagen.