Diolite Laser- Laser brown spot and vessel eraser
There are skin lesions that are ore common in aging skin or sun damaged skin. They include broken vessels, brown spots and other pigmented lesions like DPNs (Dermatosis Papulosis Nigricans) raised brown lesions found more commonly in people of African descent. The Diolite laser generates a light beam which targets the pigment or hemoglobin in these lesions. The laser light is absorbed by the target resulting in breakdown of the lesion.
Diolite can treat visible red facial vessels, and remove skin tags and cherry angiomas. Brown sun damage or age spots can be lightened as well. Results can typically be seen with one treatments.
Excess sun exposure contributes to a number of cosmetic problems, but none more than pigmented lesions. Solar lentigenes (old age marks) respond well to the Diolite laser. When the appropriate laser wavelengths are used, pigmented lesion removal is very popular as outcomes are very distinct. Lesions grey immediately and will flake off after 7-10 days. The ability to precisely target individual pigmented lesions makes the Diolite laser very popular with our patients.
Lesions which can be treated include
1. Pigmented Lesions
- Lentigines – Flat, brown spots on the skin, present on skin with frequent sun exposure
- Freckles – Brownish spots on the skin, common on people with fair skin
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra – Small black marks seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent
2. Vascular Lesions
- Telangectasias – Facial spider veins caused by a delation of capillary vessels or arterioles
- Cherry Angiomas – Slightly raised, red lesions
- Spider Angiomas – Slightly raised, red spider-like lesions
3. Skin tags
These skin projections can be treated with the laser They respond better if there is some pigment in the skin tag.
- Typically, there is no need for numbing prior to the procedure. If treating vessels they may constrict and be difficult to visualize during treatment. However if you have a large number of lesions for treatment, numbing cream may be applied.
- Vessels may disappear quickly with treatment. They can recur. Lifestyle habits and home skin care are factors that influence recurrence.
- Pigmented lesions typically darken, become gray and will flake off in 7-10 days.