Lesions which can be treated include
1. Pigmented Lesions
- Lentigines – Flat, brown spots on the skin, present on skin with frequent sun exposure
- Freckles – Brownish spots on the skin, common on people with fair skin
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra – Small black marks seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent
2. Vascular Lesions
- Telangectasias – Facial spider veins caused by a delation of capillary vessels or arterioles
- Cherry Angiomas – Slightly raised, red lesions
- Spider Angiomas – Slightly raised, red spider-like lesions
3. Skin tags
These skin projections can be treated with the laser They respond better if there is some pigment in the skin tag.
- Typically, there is no need for numbing prior to the procedure. If treating vessels they may constrict and be difficult to visualize during treatment. However if you have a large number of lesions for treatment, numbing cream may be applied.
- Vessels may disappear quickly with treatment. They can recur. Lifestyle habits and home skin care are factors that influence recurrence.
- Pigmented lesions typically darken, become gray and will flake off in 7-10 days.